Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The last two and a half weeks

The last two and a half weeks have been busy ones. Here are just a few things that happened:

  • I sent my CEO and President on a business trip and one of them forgot to take their cell phone.
  • Drove to Bountiful to celebrate Caleb’s birthday and had dinner with my family
  • Babysat Lauren and Emily while their parents went to the theater (Emily was in pretty good spirits considering she had an ear infection.)
  • Drove to K-town for a wedding reception
  • Spent 6 hours weeding and planting for a Mother’s Day present (I was sore but it was totally worth it)
  • Manned the information booth during a two day conference put on by my company (7am is not a good time for me to be in charge of giving others information)
  • Set up 30+ meetings for my two bosses
  • Painted (and mailed) a bowl for my newest niece
  • Organized personal correspondence from my great, great grandfather to my great grandfather (Binder #2 of family history is underway)
  • Printed off some new wallet size pictures of my nieces and nephews for my purse (I love that my dad and siblings have blogs so I can find recent pictures of high quality)
  • Began organizing two more business trips for my boss (Germany and Scotland anyone?)
  • Had a cold along with allergies (a whole box of tissue was used)
  • Deep cleaned my kitchen, bathroom, and living room
  • Wrote a letter to a sibling
  • Bought a set of Oneida silverware for myself (a woman my age should have real silverware)
  • Listened to three books on tape while driving and organizing letters (Sarah Vowell and David Sedaris are awesome)
  • Planted flowers in my small patch of ground by my townhouse (the soil was like concrete so we’ll see how they do)
  • Went out to dinner with friends
  • Did all the things I regularly do each day (sleep, eat, work, drive, etc)

2 comments:

Nana J said...

No wonder your blog hasn't changed for a few weeks. Your mother's day gift of planting was the best. Thanks again!

Jennifer said...

Busy, busy weeks! Glad we could be part of them. We love the bowl, by the way. Lauren was SO excited to open the package today.