Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Conference Weekend (and other stuff)

This past weekend was great. I was able to go to my parent's home and see all my kids (nieces and nephews.) I drove up during the second session of General Conference on Saturday and got there just as Jordan and Alison were heading out. Earlier that week I had offered to help babysit Isaac and Aaron while their parents headed down south. They were both darling. We ate, played, and I helped put them to bed (I took Aaron and Mom took Isaac.) The next morning they let me sleep in (or my parents did.) Soon after I awoke, I took the two of them for a walk. I was pretty impressed with how far they both were able to go. I'll admit that my goal was to have them get really, really tired so they would take excellent naps and be in good spirits for later that night. The plan worked. Aaron had yawned twice by the time we approached home and Isaac was a little too quiet. We had lots of fun and the weather was great. They both went down, with Mom putting Aaron down and me putting Isaac down. I told him two stories, one where Tanner, Isaac, and Ava were cars and were driving around and the other where Isaac and Batman went about town saving those in distress (kittens, etc.) After two stories he was out like a light. I was going to take a nap, but then realized I might not sleep well that night if I did. Instead, I vacuumed the rug upstairs. The boys woke up and the playing continued.
The rest of the family arrived by 4:30pm for the birthday dinner. We were celebrating the April birthdays of Alison, Brooke, and Wyatt. The dinner was great, as was the company. I got home at a decent time. All in all, it was a great weekend although I was really tired by the end. I can't imagine how mothers all over the world do it.
In other news, work is going well, as are the other aspects of my life. Well, there are one or two things I might change. For instance, the crack in my windshield is now app. 12 inches long. When I first got the chip in my windshield, it was two inches long and came from a rock a semi threw up on my way to work. Within 8 hours, or when I came out from work, it had stretched to app. 6 inches. It is now almost 12 inches and on the passenger side. The question now is: at what point do I replace my windshield? Hmm, hard to know. Luckily, I don't have to worry about it until it affects driving or my car is inspected (which is scheduled for November.)
In other news, I had another episode today. If you know me and my stupid health, you know what I'm talking about. The numb hands and feet, the shaking, a pain in my chest, the passing out. Can a girl have more fun than that? I think not. It happened shortly before lunch. Since then I've been to the ER (which I don't plan to go to again,) taken a nap, ate some cereal, checked my work e-mail (in which I found an e-mail addressed to the entire company of 50 people updating them on my condition and an apologetic e-mail from the person who sent it,) and watched two episodes of Gilmore Girls. Other than being tired, I'm fine. I plan to make an appointment with my family doctor tomorrow because this is getting ridiculous. While I realize that this only happens once or twice a year, it is way too frequent. Anyway, I hope everyone had a great day (or at least a little less interesting than mine.)

1 comment:

Nana J said...

One of the highlights of my weekend was having Wyatt, Isaac and Lauren all go potty, one right after the other, for the delicious reward of "one-two-three-four-five chocolate chips. Then, Lauren's mommy went to the potty and Lauren said "Good job, mommy!"