Search This Blog

Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Years Eve

For those who are new to reading my blog, New Years Eve isn't a really happy day for me. It is the anniversary of Caleb's death. On Sunday morning I thought I would be able to make it through the day without crying. I made it to sacrament meeting. It was very quiet in the chapel until a baby started crying. Then I started crying. After church I went over the Ryan's house. He held me until I stopped crying, his mom gave me food, then I fell asleep on the couch while his dad slept in the chair. It is strange how comfortable I am around his family. They are really like a second family to me.
I was home by 5 pm where I helped set up for our family get together. Our whole family (minus Jeremy and co.) was there along with the Wrights, Aunt Renee and Aunt Nancy, the Lowes, and Collings families. It was nice to celebrate life and those we love. It was a great way to ring in the new year. We ate lots of great food and played some games. After most people left, a few of us talked until 2:30 am. Happy New Year!

No comments: