Search This Blog

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Anger at Iron Man

On Monday (Memorial Day) I decided to go see a movie. I had been at work for a little while and couldn't look at my computer a minute more. I had heard a lot of good things about Iron Man so I decided to see it. Fifteen minutes before the movie started, I left for the theater. I don't know what I was thinking when I went to a popular move on a holiday. I sat in the front row before the aisle and real front rows. I sat a seat away from a man and woman. Right before the movie started, a boy who looked to be 10 years in age came over. He was their son and he was holding a baby who looked to be around 1. He complained that he shouldn't have to hold the baby but his parents told him to go sit down in the front row. Over the next hour, the boy came back 7 times to complain and ask if he could have popcorn. After the first hour of the movie, the Dad left three times and the Mom left four times. After that the boy and his dad had a whispered argument about popcorn. About twenty minutes before the movie ended, the 1 year-old started crying. The parents sat there for a couple of minutes before one of them got up. I should have said something but I held my tongue. Each time one of the members of this family got up, they passed in front of me. By the end of the film, I was a little confused at who several of the characters were. I am going to see it again some other time and hope for normal people to sit by. Why someone would bring a 1 year-old to a loud, violent movie is beyond me. Are babysitters really so expensive these days that they couldn't afford one for 2 hours? Needless to say, I was a little annoyed.

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

Some people just don't have a clue how rude they are being --- or THEY DON'T CARE about anyone but themselves. Sad.

Brooke said...

When Josh and I went to the 3 Doors Down concert for my birthday, there was this couple with a little baby and a toddler. Each of the kids had earplugs, and each parent held them the entire time, but I just kept thinking how irresponsible it was for them to bring their kids to a rock concert and risk damaging their eardrums. If you can't get a babysitter, don't go out! It's as simple as that.

Diane said...

Went to a movie Friday night. A single mom came in with 2 children.. the 5 yr old had to go to the bathroom. She told her no. after pleas, i said I'll watch the baby if you want to take her. Glad I am trustworthy and kind, courteous, etc. I should be a boy scout!Luckily all before the movie!

Karen E. said...

You are a much better person than I am--I would have complained to the manager and asked for my money back. Theaters should have policies about young children--and parents should have more sense.