Search This Blog

Friday, June 20, 2008

Little Women

Last night I took advantage of part of my Christmas present by going to see Little Women: the broadway musical at The Hale Center Theater in Orem. It was pretty good. I am familiar with the music since I have owned the soundtrack to this musical for over a year. I have read Little Women the book several times as well as seen several movie versions. Needless to say, I was pretty excited to see the play. I took a friend of mine, Angie. I was really impressed with the lead, Hailey Smith. Her voice was strong, clear, and she had excellent range. I also was very impressed the actor and actress who played Meg and Mr. Brooke (Courtney and Jeff Pew.) After reading the biographies, I realized their chemistry may be in part because they are married. They both had good voices and excellent acting skills. The actress who played Beth was a wonderful actress but didn't have a strong voice. The two male leads did admirably considering this was their first musical. Overall, I would recommend the play to anyone.

No comments: