Search This Blog

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Darcy's Story

The book I just finished is called "Darcy's Story" by Janet Aylmer. This charming story is Mr. Darcy's story from "Pride and Prejudice." Unlike some other retellings or sequels to "Pride and Prejudice," this had actual dialogue lifted from the original book. The author took care to match Mr. Darcy's actions up perfectly to Jane Austen's masterpiece. She had a decent writing style and wasn't too wordy. While not destined to be a classic, this book is a must for lovers of "Pride and Prejudice."

2 comments:

PretandMeg said...

Jessica,

I look forward to reading this book. I really enjoy your blog--it is humerous but serious and you have a good view on so many things!!

Megan (Roberts) Dahlgren

Kim Kincaid said...

Hey Jess~ Was it better than "Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife"? I didn't finish that one. I'll have to check it out. Are you going to the P&P production this November? I have a book for you: "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer. Sequel just came out last month. Have ordered at the Kaysville branch it but it must first "go before the county committee! Brother. I miss the old days. Later.