Search This Blog

Monday, February 19, 2007

Aunt Jess is pleased to welcome....

Tanner Cole was born at 7:29 am on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2007. He is 16 and a half inches long and weighes 6 lb, 5 oz. He is a little smaller than most of the Johnsen babies, but is two weeks early. He was talken by c-section after Brooke spend ten hours in labor. When his heart rate dropped and the amniotic fluid was half empty, the doctors decided to pull him out. (Plus his mom was only dilated to a 5.) His head is a fun cone shape and bruised from trying to fight his way through the birth canal. He also has a club foot that I find to be adorable, but will be corrected by surgery. I saw Brooke on Saturday afternoon. She was doing well although still a little numb and very exhausted after being awake for 36 straight hours. Josh couldn't have been prouder as he took me down to the nursery. I took pictures through the glass and we discussed how amazing Tanner is.


It is strange to think that all of my siblings are parents. Each one is responsible for a little life, someone who is completely dependent on them. I hope to be the favorite aunt to all of them. I know this is wishful thinking, but I am willing to work hard to achieve my goal. After seeing the baby, Mom, Jen and I went to a baby shower. Afterwards I ate dinner with my family and was able to play with Lauren and Isaac until I headed down to Orem again. After I arrived in Orem, I went over to Happy's house and played games with a group of people I had never met. (Happy is Sarah's best friend and a very lovely person in her own right.) When I am able, I will load a picture that I took of Tanner to this post.

No comments: