Search This Blog

Thursday, February 22, 2007

The redemption of the Orem Library

I believe that an explanation is in order. In my previous blog, I mentioned that I couldn't load the pictures for my blog at the Orem Library. I think I gave the impression that the Orem Library was somehow to blame. Here is the explanation: the Orem Library has just finished renovations. In fact, half of the library is still not available for patrons to use. They tried to cram the books and computers for one library into half of the space. Because of this, books were lining the walls by laying on the floor. If you want a non-fiction book, you have to ask a librarian to get it for you from their storage. The library had, and still have, only two Internet computers available. They are very strict when it comes to what you can do on these two computers. You cannot check your e-mail, any site that is for entertainment, or update personal blogs or websites. They are for research purposes and are limited to 15 minutes. As books and computers are moved into the new area, more computers will be available. I went to the Provo Library yesterday to get a card. There are a lot of computers there but I guess I would rather go to the library closer to my apartment. Anyway, thus ends my explanation.
On another note, I have had two interviews this week. Both interesting place but I won't hear anything for at least a week.

2 comments:

J said...

Ah, that makes more sense. I was trying to figure out why you were paying to use a computer.

-A said...

I like the new look of your blog. Very bold and cheerful.