Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Camille

On Sunday afternoon, I went home to visit my family. After the horrible week of people searching for Camille, I needed a break. About 20 minutes after I arrived home, Aunt Diane called Mom. Camille's body had been found at the bottom of some cliffs by Bridal Veil Falls in Provo. I couldn't help but burst into tears. I was holding Tanner at the time but eventually gave him over to his slightly worried mother. I immediately went outside to call Sarah. She had heard the news and was heading to our apartment, with Jeff, Heather, and Amy joining her. Despite being saddened by the discovery of Camille's death, I have to be grateful that she is no longer missing. Her family and friends no longer have to imagine her being tortured by a horrible man or laying hurt somewhere. For closures sake, it was good that Camille's body was found, but is still hard to know that she's gone. She was a good person who didn't deserve to be taken from this earth so early. I can only wish peace for her family, her boyfriend, and all of us that are mourning her. The shock has passed and I have moved on anger. I hope that I can move onto acceptance soon. Sarah and I are going up to her funeral, which is being held in Boise this Saturday. For a link to her obituary, click here.

No comments: