Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Horrible, horrible weekend

It's been a long time since I have had this horrible of a weekend. Friday was ok, although I didn't go out because I was so tired from work. Saturday morning I slept in and cleaned after I got up. On Saturday night Dave S. came over. My former roommate, Camille, is missing. Dave and Camille started dating while she was still living with Sarah and I in June. The last time anyone has seen Camille was late Thursday morning. This means, as of today, Camille has been missing for 4 days. When Dave came over to tell Sarah and I, we immediately went to the Relief Society presidents house. We called or text'd everyone in the ward so that we could have a ward fast for Sunday. Dave looked horrible and we were all in shock. I didn't get to sleep until 4 am because I couldn't turn my mind off. All the possibilities kept running through my head.
Camille was last seen late Thursday morning by one of her new roommates. Her bike, a silver and purple Schwinn mountain bike, is missing. When she lived with Sarah and I, she went on bike rides at least twice a week (when she had a working bike.) She loves the outdoors. She didn't have her cell phone, since she had left it at her parents house the weekend before, when she and Dave went up to visit her family. They were mailing her phone back to her this week. I just looked on the KSL news website and the update mentioned that her debit card was used at a convenience store on Friday morning, but it is unknown whether or not it was Camille who used it. Sarah and I, along with many members of our singles ward, put fliers up and went door to door on Sunday afternoon. By Sunday night, I was hit with a full-blown cold and was out of commission for most of the day on Monday. Today I am feeling better, but was only able to stay at work until 2pm. I came home and rested. Even though I am currently exhausted, unable to breath, and have a cough, I still can't seem to truly rest. I am worried about Camille. Please keep your eyes open for her. If you happen to see an abandoned purple and silver mountain bike or see Camille, please call the Provo Police Department.
On another note, I would like to thank all those people who have shown support to Sarah and myself through this ordeal. I have moved from the crying stage to the frustrated and angry stage. Sarah is taking this harder since she has known Camille much longer than I. I feel like I am in some sort of horrible movie that should have ended by now. I can only hope we get some concrete news soon. For more info, there are several websites that you can visit: KSL news, ABC 4 news, and a myspace page that has been set up for her.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I'm sorry to hear about this, Jess. I know how upset you must be. I noticed a flyer for her up at the Kaysville Post Office. It's nice to know that they are getting the word out.