Search This Blog

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Christmas #2

After our Johnsen family Christmas party, the real Christmas came speeding towards me. On Christmas Eve I had to work until 2pm. I originally thought I would have to stay later, but luck was with me. I drove up to my parent's house. Halfway there it started to snow and, by the time I arrived in Kaysville, a blizzard had descended. Since Mom was in Idaho taking care of Grandma and Grandpa Roberts, Dad and I made chicken crescent rolls and watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on DVD. On Christmas morning, Dad let me sleep in late and then made me pull-a-parts. We then went to visit Jeremy, Britnie, Sidney, and Wyatt to see what the kids had received. Sid and I played with superhero dolls and she showed me her new dollhouse. Wyatt talked on the phone to Mom, who was having a hard time with Grandma in the hospital and Grandpa struggling at home. Our next journey took us to Grandma Johnsen's house, where we talked for over an hour. On the way out, I took a picture of the icicles hanging from her roof. I stayed until 5:30pm, and then went home to Provo so that I could be ahead of the next storm. Dad went over to Jeremy and Britnie's house for dinner. I took a picture of the tree that Sarah had put up in our apartment and went to bed early. Although I love all of my gifts, I have to say that my favorite presents this year were the following: a desk calendar with pictures of my nieces and nephews, a gift certificate to Hale Center Theater, and the electronic Sudoku game. Merry Christmas!

No comments: