Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend of talking

On Friday night I received a call from Sarah, asking me if I would like to join Happy and herself for a movie. I got off work early (6:30) and went over to the theater. 27 Dresses is cute, in a chick-click, formulaic kind of way. Sometimes, that's just what a girl needs; a mindless chick-flick to take your mind of reality. On Saturday I slept in, ran errands, and went to work for a little while. I missed the ward activity of sledding but met up with Sarah and the rest of the group for a birthday dinner. We nine of us went to Macaroni Grill. I bought Sarah a two year subscription to Real Simple for her birthday. After dinner, an event that lasted a while, Happy, Sarah, Aaron, and I returned to our apartment to engage in stimulating conversation. While some of you might think that I'm being sarcastic, I assure you that I am not. Our conversations with Aaron always end up in deep conversations on various topics including religion, living in foreign countries, relationships, politics, and art. We talked until 2:30 am. I was still awake so I read for an hour. After several hours of sleep, I arose to go to church. Sarah and I made it to sacrament meeting and I made it to Sunday school. By the time it ended, I was exhausted and had a headache. I went home to join my roommates for naps. I was awakened by Sarah, who announced that Aunt Renee had arrived. We talked for a while and agreed to meet later for Sarah's birthday dinner. At 5pm we went to Aunt Diane's for great food and conversation. Even though I left early, I still didn't get to bed until 12:20 because I was in the middle of a good book. All in all, I didn't get a lot of sleep this weekend but I had some great conversations.

No comments: