Search This Blog

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Gardening and Prince Caspian

On Saturday, after sleeping in and having some fun moving furniture around with Sarah, I decided to do some gardening. I planted Dahlias, Marigolds, Portulaca, Gazania, and Mimulus. Mimulus is a new ones for me but I have high hopes. Once again, I have to thank my parents, especially my mother, for teaching me how to garden. Just like last year, I also planted the front area of my neighbor's townhouse. I always seem to overbuy when it comes to flowers. I planted some in the pots in the backyard and planted my front garden, then knocked on the neighbor's door to ask for the use of her dirt. She gave her permission, then thanked me since she had been sick and wasn't sure if she would get flowers planted this spring. I plan to water and weed them so hopefully it will help her feel better all summer long. After I finished planting, Sarah and I went to eat at Cafe Rio. She went out with some friends and I decided to go see Iron Man but it was sold out. (I think that all the people who couldn't get in to see Indiana Jones went to Iron Man.) So I went to see The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. The story was pretty good although there were a few plot holes. It has more violence than the first movie, which is always good for me. I also could have used a little more back story on Prince Caspian, but such is life. (Wow, when did I get so critical of movies?) I would give it 3 stars out of 4.

Church was lovely today. There was a beautiful music number in Sacrament meeting by Tiffany and Rodney, a good lesson on the Book of Mormon in Sunday School, and a lesson about faith by Annie in Relief Society. My Visiting Teacher, Missy, came at 3:00 and my Home Teachers, Mike and Dave, came at 4:15pm. Overall, it has been a lovely day.

No comments: