Search This Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Caleb

On Sunday afternoon, after I had heard about Grandpa Roberts death, Jen, Lauren, and I stopped by to see Caleb. I knew that after taking off part of Friday from work, there was a good chance that I wouldn't be able to drive back up to Bountiful for Caleb's birthday celebration on Monday night. So, Jen, myself, and a very tired Lauren stopped by. Since Mom remained in Idaho, she asked Jen and I to pick some flowers to put by the grave. It is strange to think that Caleb is four and not visibly running around down here with all his cousins and siblings. I still miss him and always will, but it was a nice thought to think that he was holding Grandpa Roberts hand and showing him around heaven. Caleb has had time to find all the good walking trails, fresh mountain springs, and the flower-filled meadows where he can chases puppies and rabbits around. I am sure that he and Grandpa have taken a walk or two already and talked about all the family members that are still on earth. Happy Birthday sweet boy; Aunt Jess loves you.

2 comments:

Nana J said...

Another beautiful tribute. My first thought was that Caleb and Dad were throwing balls to each other.

Megs said...

Stop making me cry! What sweet thoughts and images. Not to be morbid, but I can't wait to join them!