Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The parade

On Friday night I went up to Mom and Dad's house to spend the night. Sidney was staying over and I haven't slept at my parent's house in months. I stayed up way too late and was awakened early the next morning by a happy little girl who was excited to be in a parade. We went down to Woods Cross and found Dad next to the fire/foam truck. For those who don't know, my dad drives a truck in the parade for Woods Cross every year. For the past five or six years, I have ridden with him. For the last two or three years, Sid has come along. It was hot but fun. Afterwards Sidney and I threw ice and water at each other while we tried not to get Mom, Jen, Lauren, Jeremy, or Wyatt wet. Afterwards we returned to Kaysville where Sid, Wyatt, and Lauren played in the water. I stayed until late afternoon and then returned to Orem to meet up with an old friend, Jen. We got together later than expected because she was late coming back from a hike. I have always loved talking to Jen. She and I can not talk for months, then immediately pick up where we left off. (I wish she didn't live in Idaho.) Anyway, it was a fun weekend capped off by church and break the fast with the ward.

1 comment:

Nana J said...

It was great having you here and seeing you and Sidney in the parade.