Search This Blog

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Stadium of Fire and other fun

Wednesday was the 4th of July. I began the day by sleeping in until 10 am. It was lovely. I then got up and went into work for two hours; which was necessary but not lovely. Afterwards, I returned home and really got ready for the day. Sarah had gotten tickets to The Stadium of Fire for herself, Happy, and I. (Happy is Sarah's best friend.) To prevent not being able to find a place to park, Sarah took her car down to the stadium early and got a great parking place. I then drove us to a barbecue put on by Heather's parents. I left my car there to be picked up later. Uncle Larry then dropped the three of us off at the stadium. We met up with a bunch of people from the ward and had a great time. Brooks and Dunn, the country duo, were the performers. Corbon Bleu, from High School Musical, was also there. They had a couple of skydivers, a flyby by jets, dancers, cheerleaders, and moving tributes to the troops. The fireworks were amazing. It went well into the night and we were all tired and covered by ash by the end of the night. We separated from the group and were walking to the car when Sarah realized that she hadn't brought her keys. We immediately called another member of the ward for a ride. Cassie had already gotten to her car but said she would come pick us up if we could get to a certain intersection. We arrived at the intersection and stayed there on the grass nearby for an hour. We talked, laughed, and waited. Finally we met up with Cassie and were taken to my car. Sarah and I then went home, got her keys, and drove back for her car. When we returned home I took a shower because I was still covered in ash and smelled a little like smoke. At 2:30am I went to bed, then got up at 6:45am to go to a doctor's office. I had to get some blood drawn for a physical that I will be taking on Monday. I then worked almost 10 hours. To say I was tired on Thursday is an understatement. But, overall, it was a fun 4th of July. It was strange to not be up in Kaysville with the folks and the Allred family.

1 comment:

Nana J said...

The photo of the fireworks is beautiful. We missed having you in Kaysville but know you were where you should be.