Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ward Barbecue

Last Thursday Sarah and I went to a ward barbecue in Provo Canyon. It was beautiful despite the heat. After some wonderful food that was cooked by the bishopric, we spread out over South Fork Park and played games. I went for a little walk and took some nice nature shots, then returned to the group and harassed them with my camera. I forget that not everyone grew up with a camera at every event. A couple of people asked me to make them copies of some of the pictures that I took that evening. We stayed until it got dark, then headed home. One particularly interesting moment of note was when I realized that the large rock near the parking lot contained a snake beneath it. Dustin, a member of the ward, went to retrieve his IPOD from the car and came running back as fast as his legs could carry him. He said he had seen a snake and was pretty shook up about it. I wasn't sure if he was telling the truth and offered to retrieve his IPOD. As I climbed the small hill to the parking I pasted a large rock (which was approximately four feet high and three feet wide) and heard a distinct rattling sound that I have only heard on nature shows on television. I slowly backed away from the rock and continued my trip to the car. I took the long way back to the park and warned people who were parked by the rock to do likewise. By the end of the night I had taken many pictures and made some good memories.

No comments: