Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Finished

I have finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and thus have finished the entire Harry Potter series. I finished on Tuesday after work and, after having a few days to process, can write my review. For any of those who have not finished the book, I will not give major plot points away. This was the darkest book in the series but it was nice to see a one or two light points, such as the wedding. I have to admit, there was a little more camping that I would have liked but I still enjoyed the quest of Harry and his friends. The deaths of several characters that I liked was a blow but I accepted them with my usual grace; meaning I became angry, then a little sad. (I have yet to figure out why I become so attached to fictional characters.) I accepted the ending of the book in stride although the epilogue was a little much for me. (It wrapped it up in too perfect of a picture.) I heard a rumor from a coworker that J.K. Rowling is writing two new books. While it is known that they will not be sequels to Harry Potter, I am hoping for a prequel. I have always wondered how James and Lily got together, how the ministry of magic was started, and more about the founders of Hogwarts. I apologize to the readers of the blog for the lack of specifics. If you would like to discuss the book in more detail, feel free to call me.

No comments: