Search This Blog

Monday, August 04, 2008

Sidney's baptism

On Saturday morning I arose early so I could drive up to Sidney's baptism. It makes me feel so old to know that I have a niece that is old enough to be getting baptized. Anyway, I drove up North and had a great time. Sidney looked beautiful and I couldn't have been more proud of her. I couldn't help but remember when she was born and how small she was. I loved babysitting her, singing to her, and making her laugh. Anyway, I teared up twice and made an attempt at giving a short talk on the Holy Ghost. Sidney was baptized first of the three kids there for the occasion. After the two boys were baptized it was time for Sidney to be confirmed. It was wonderful; luckily, the fire alarm didn't go off until after her confirmation. Apparently a small child not related to us pulled the alarm.
After the confusion, we all went to Sidney's house for food. All the kids ran around and the adults watched the chaos. After the party, Sid, Wyatt, Taylor, and Easton went to the Treehouse Museum. I was so exhausted that I didn't join them. Instead, I went to my parents house to rest. Two hours later I got a phone call from a friend and headed down to Orem. By the time I got to Lehi, my plans were canceled. I spent the night shopping, cleaning, reading, and surfing the Internet. All in all, it was a good day (the best part being Sidney of course.)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

You feel old with a niece old enough to be baptized?! Try having a nephew about to return from his mission in six months...now that makes you feel old!