Search This Blog

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lagoon 2009

For the past few years my Dad's work party has been at Lagoon. This year, the majority of the family went along. I left home around 9:30am and was the first to arrive. One by one, the family came along. All the kids but Tanner showed up and we had a great time. I had forgotten how tiring Lagoon can be though. Lifting and carrying the kids just made it a little crazier (and more fun.) We lucked out with the nice weather - I don't think it got above 80 degrees after 1pm, although the wind picked up in the late afternoon. The kids had a great time and the adults had a great time watching them and joining them on rides.
Now that the "triplets" are three, they can go on a lot more rides. I think Wyatt's favorite ride was the airplanes, Lauren's favorite rides was the flying animals, and Isaac just wanted to be moving. Aaron was able to go on a few rides and actually did pretty well. Sidney and I went on quite a few rides. I can't believe how fearless she is. She wanted to go on the Wild Mouse, the White Roller Coaster, the Tidal Wave, and other fast rides. We rode in the front car of the White Roller Coaster, per Sidney's request. She loved it! I think I screamed more than she did. She and I played a few games as well and she ended up winning a small duck. Mom and Dad fed us pizza for dinner and we didn't leave until almost 10pm. I'm amazed at how long all the kids lasted, especially since none of them took naps. They all had so much fun. Thanks Mom and Dad, for inviting us to have so much fun.

3 comments:

Nana J said...

I think the last few year at Lagoon have been my favorite. It is so fun to watch those babies go from ride to ride with such excitement. It almost makes me cry to think about it!

Scrappy said...

Oh, I miss Lagoon. It looks like you guys had a great time. The kids are so cute!

By the way, I happened to noticed that you just checked off #14 on your 101 list. Way to go, Jessica! You should be very proud of yourself. :)

Christine said...

sI miss company paid for lagoon day, (now we own the company, no lagoon day for me). After I read your post I think I might try (once again) to convince my husband to try this with our little business!