Search This Blog

Sunday, May 10, 2009

San Diego - day 2

I decided to set my alarm for 8am since Tanner and Ava would be up by then. I awoke, got ready, and then we left for breakfast. We had bagels at Einstein's Bagels and headed off for Legoland. We arrived shortly after they opened and started wandering around. I bought a hopper pass ($73) which allowed me to go into Legoland and the Sea Life Aquarium next door. We walked around and found out that Tanner was fascinated by the miniature cities made out of legos. He would stare at them and watch the cars drive around. There was a miniature Washington DC, New York, Las Vegas, and San Francisco among others. We had to basically drag him away. I pretty sure that we could have spend two hours with the little cities and he wouldn't have gotten bored. We found a few rides that Tanner was old enough to go on. Legoland is a pretty cool place but they don't have many rides for children under 36 inches tall, which was too bad since Tanner is only app. 34 inches tall. It was a very hot sunny day and I ended up getting a pretty bad sunburn (yes, I forgot to apply sunscreen.) I was wearing pants so only my face and arms got sunburned. We had hamburgers and then went to the Sea Life Aquarium, which was nice and cool. Tanner liked looking at the fish but liked climbing the stairs even better. Sadly, most of my pictures of the aquarium didn't turn out because they asked us to not use flash photography when photographing the fish.
Back in Legoland, I was amazed at the number of statues that were made out of legos. I had my picture taken with Darth Vader. Brooke and I went on a roller coaster, then Josh and Brooke took their turn. By 4pm we were all hot and tired. We went back to the hotel and then went to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. All three of us got pasta, which was good. I ended up with a piece of Godiva chocolate cheesecake which was wonderful. It was a good day but very hot. I was glad that we went to Target that day. I ended up buying a pair of shorts and sandals to wear the next day to the beach. I slept really well despite my sunburned arms and sore shoulders (from lifting kids.) I checked my work e-mail before I went to bed and dealt with an issue or two. We had planned to go to the beach on day 3 so I was excited.

1 comment:

Nana J said...

Legoland looks very fun - and the seals are amazing. What a pretty beach.