Search This Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Clubbing (or not)

These days it seems that I don't get around to writing about my weekend until the next one is almost upon me. I suppose that is the life of a busy adult. On Saturday, I went to the birthday celebration of a new friend. Happy works with a woman by the name of Mandy. Mandy is from South Africa, and for her birthday, she wanted to go clubbing in Salt Lake. For those of you who don't know me well, I don't particularly like to go clubbing. The music is usually so loud that you can't talk to people, the club usually has cigarette smoke in it, and half the people have had an alcoholic drink or two. The last time I went clubbing, which was two years ago, a strange man started kissing my neck while I was dancing. It freaked me out and I haven't been since. The only thing Mandy wanted for her birthday was to go clubbing. After much cajoling by Mandy and by Happy, I said yes. I did put time limits on it though. I didn't want to stay out too late since I had church and a family party the next day. Happy drove the two of us to Mandy's house and we waited for some of Mandy's other friends to join us. We left for Salt Lake at 10pm and proceeded to go to a club called Bliss. After waiting in line for a half an hour, we got up to the front. That was when Mandy realized that she didn't have her ID. Since clubs serve alcoholic drinks, you can't get in unless you have a picture ID. We went to several other clubs to see if they would let her in and they all said no. I must admit that I was relieved. I didn't have to go into a club and I got to walk around Salt Lake with some friends. Brandon, Happy, and I left at 12:30am and had an interesting discussion about marriage on the way home. I had fun, even though I don't know that Mandy did.

1 comment:

Nana J said...

This shows my ignorance, but aren't there clubs that do not have smoking and drinking?