Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I'm an American...and I voted.


I am so grateful that I live in a country where I can vote (and it only took me 10 minutes.) Even if I had had to wait hours, I still would have voted. Since I have been able to vote, I've tried to vote in every election, no matter how small. Mom and Dad always taught me that it was part of being a citizen of this country. Besides, you can't complain if you don't vote (and I love to complain.)
This was a historic election. I was impressed with John McCain's concession speech. It was very classy although his supporter's booing was not impressive. Barack Obama's acceptance speech was excellent. His supporters clapped for McCain. Both, along with their vice presidential running mates, fought a good fight. I love that the opponents can now take off the gloves and go to work. What would it be like to live in a country with dictators, where a change in power includes death and destruction? I am very lucky indeed.

No comments: