Search This Blog

Monday, May 07, 2007

Caleb's birthday

On Saturday morning, I drove up to Bountiful to see my oldest nephew for his birthday. Caleb would have been three years old

on Saturday. The family met at the gravesite. In attendance were my parents, Alison's parents, Emily and Erin, Jeremy Lowe and his girlfriend, Me, Jen and Lauren, Josh, Brooke and Tanner, Jordan, Alison, and Isaac. I stopped by the store on my way and bought a balloon. I made a card and expressed my feelings towards my beloved nephew. We met, sang happy birthday, and had some cupcakes. It was hard but theraputic. We would have stayed longer but it was so cold. I still really miss Caleb. I cry less and don't think about him constantly, but I still wonder if he would be walking and talking. My consolation is that he isn't in any pain. He is surrounded by love and happiness. When we all left, I sat in my car for a moment and cried.
The rain started coming down so the Johnsen side of the group went up to Grandma Johnsen's house and talked for about an hour. Lauren and Isaac crawled around. They are so cute. Tanner was darling although he got al ittle crancky after a while. I managed to calm him down with some old Frank Sinatra songs. Afterwards, we went to lunch at Plates and Palates. They always have such wonderful food. After everyone else left, Mom, Dad, and I went up to the hospital to see Grandma Johnsen. It seems like I only see her there these days. I wish she wasn't so sick. I drove back in the evening to take care of Dexter. I was so tired by the time I got home that I took a nap. When I woke up, Camille was home. She was soon picked up by Dave. I spent the night cleaning and watching tv. Such was my Saturday.

No comments: