Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My new skirt

While I am down filling in for the receptionist today, I thought I should tell my loyal blog readers about my new skirt. I am bored with my clothes and cannot find a skirt that I like. So I went to Wal-Mart. Now before anyone (ie my siblings) yell at me, I needed to find a cheap skirt that I could feel good about throwing away if I hated it. I bought a plain light brown skirt that reaches just below my knees. It has two darts in the front. I then bought dark brown embroidery thread and some very small beads and have been making a design on it. I don't have a picture of the work in progress yet but I drew the following picture so that all of you would get the general idea. (Please ignore the color scheme of the paint program. The colors I used are not available.) If it turns out pretty, I have a skirt that cost me $10 and ten hours of work. If I hate it, then it only cost $10 and I won't worry about it. Plus, this is one way to have a skirt with a design no one else has. I will try to post a picture of the finished product. I also bought a white skirt that will most likely be decorated in blue, green, red, yellow, and black.

3 comments:

-A said...

How very domestic! I can't wait to see the completed work of art.

Josh said...

Hey, we shop at Walmart once in a while to. It's usually out of necessity of speed, though, and we'll almost always end up at Target or Bowmans. I don't care for Walmart's practices, but unfortunately I don't have the conviction to stick to my guns on this one.

Nana J said...

Your skirt looks cute. I can't wait to see it.