Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's a sickness

Many of you know about my obsession with books. I've often said that it's a sickness. One of the other things I truly love are musicals. I recently went to see Aida, which I thought was great. Tonight I went to see it again. I know, I know....I'm strange. I even saw it alone. Unlike the last time I saw it, there were different leads. Radames was played by Darick Pead and Aida was played by Josephine Scere. About half-way through the performance I realized why Josephine looked so familiar. After some thought, I realized that I had seen her in a production last summer. In June of 2007 she played the character of Sarah in Ragtime. Sarah and I went to see it at the Scera Shell. Once again, Josephine was amazing. I felt envy, then amazement. The male lead was also excellent, although I admit that I think I preferred Greg Hansen. They were both great though. I would highly recommend Aida to anyone. It runs until November 22nd.

No comments: