Search This Blog

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Been a while

It occured to me that it has been a week since my last blog. Between working and family stuff, I guess I have been preoccupied. Aunt Renee, cousin Brandi, and her three boys arrived Thursday night. Andy, Aaron, and Nicholas are darling boys. I even got to read to Andy, Aaron, Sidney, and Wyatt. On Friday I went to Bryan and Ryan's house and stayed out too late. Saturday was the big family reunion. For those of you unfamiliar with the annual gathering, every 24th of July my mother's family gets together: two great-grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, the children of cousins, etc. Food is always in great supply as is laughter and games.

On Sunday the Johnsen clan got together for the blessing of Isaac Ellis. He such a beautiful child; good natured too. All of my siblings and their children were there. Monday was a holiday for those of us in Utah. The 24th of July is always celebrated as the arrival of the pioneers into the valley. After awaking, I went to lunch with Grandma and Dad. I had forgotten how yummy the Chocolate Avalanche at Wingers is. I missed Brandi and her boys leaving on their jetplane. It was nice to have a day off of work to just hang out. Over the weekend I watched a really cute movie called "A wedding for Bella." I highly recommend it. Also, I started an interesting book called "Grave Sight" which is a mystery featuring a woman who can sense dead bodies. I haven't finished it but I have high hopes for the ending.

No comments: