Search This Blog

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Ready for triplet 2-year-olds? Probably not.

First, I would like to tip my hats to all the parents out there. How people can keep up with two-year-olds is beyond me. I'm tired just thinking about this weekend. On Thursday I left the office early and drove to Salt Lake. I met Mom, Dad, Jen, John, and Lauren at Alfornos. We had an excellent meal with mediocre service. Afterwards, I took Lauren to Mom and Dad's house while the other adults went to Pioneer Theater. Lauren cried a little when she realized that Mommy and Daddy weren't coming home with her, but she soon brightened up when we sang Do Re Mi. We ran around the house and she finally collapsed at 8:30pm. She ended up sleeping late the next morning. Mom brought her down to wake me up and we then went up to wait for Dad to finish making scones. Then Alison, Isaac, Aaron, Britnie, and Wyatt came over. Mom, Jen, Alison, and Britnie canned peaches and tomatoes while Dad and I wrangled the kids in the yard.
After a lot of running and several games of hide and go seek, Dad and I decided that it would be fun to to take the three kids to the fire station. Lauren was a little scared of the trucks up close but eventually warmed up to them. Isaac and Wyatt had a great time sitting in the fire truck. Wyatt made the fireman pretty nervous since he was reaching for all the buttons. The kids had a great time looking and touching the fire trucks. When they discovered that their yells were louder because of the acoustics, we realized it was time to leave. Before we left, one of the firemen gave all the kids stickers. After the fire station, I pulled Isaac, Wyatt, and Lauren to the park in the wagon. We got a quick drink at the Library, then played at the park until Mom called. She reminded me that the kids needed lunch and naps. We went home and fed the kids. After naps for Isaac and Lauren (Wyatt wouldn't even try,) we had hamburgers and milkshakes. Jeremy was able to take a dinner break and join us. All the kids had fun and they probably slept pretty well that night. By 9pm everyone was gone and I was exhausted. I can't believe how tired I was running after Wyatt, Isaac, and Lauren. I was in bed by 10:30pm and slept until 10am on Saturday.
Dad woke me up Saturday morning and we went to take Grandma Johnsen to lunch. We went to Plates and Palates in Bountiful. Afterwards, he mowed the lawn and I watered her pots and walked around the yard. I've always loved the enchanted look of Grandma's yard. I couldn't help but think how the kids would love running around and in the ivy and up the hill to the tool shed. I took some pictures of her yard and will show them in the next blog post. After returning from Grandma's house, I decided I should think about going home. On the way home I took Legacy Parkway. It was a nice detour off I-15. I also stopped by OfficeMax to buy a USB memory stick, the post office, and the grocery store for milk. It was great to see all the kids (minus Tanner) this weekend and I can't wait to see everyone again. Once again, hats off to any parents who run after little children every day.

No comments: