Search This Blog

Sunday, September 28, 2008

The fridge

So today I wanted to marinate some chicken. I looked for Italian dressing in our fridge but all of them were expired. I started looking at all the salad dressings and noticed that most of them were from 2007 and 2006 so I threw them away. I ended up marinating it in spaghetti sauce.
I then got out the eggs to make some cornbread. On a whim, I tested them to see if they were still good. Turns out that all the eggs in both cartons were bad. I started pulling out containers of food and kept finding rotten and moldy food. After thinking about it, I realized that it's been over three months since I cleaned out the fridge. Every week I try to empty the garbage's, vacuum, and clean the upstairs bathroom but I totally forgot about the fridge. Anyway, by the time I was done, I had thrown away a fourth of everything in our fridge. I didn't actually end up making corn bread. (Maybe next weekend.) Here's an example of what I found:

I would encourage everyone to take a look in your fridge and see what's growing. You never know what exciting things you'll find.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah...this is why I don't frequently buy fresh produce in large quantities. :)

hknight said...

SICK! I try to clean out the yucky stuff every time I bring home groceries!

Nana J said...

Eeew. Gross!

Shem said...

Please take care of yourself. We are so worried here in the V & E dept. Let us know if we can do anything for you.