Search This Blog

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Liberty Park and Strangers

On Friday I went to a birthday party at Liberty Park in Salt Lake City. I only knew a few people there so it was strange and nice at the same time. It was strange because I only knew a few people, but nice because none of those people knew anything about me. They couldn't see any emotional baggage or know any issues that I am having in my life. It was like a clean slate. Maybe that is why I like talking to strangers so much. They don't know how much losing my job at the library is killing me or that I sometimes sing to myself, but don't realize it until someone points it out to me.
Anyway, back to the party. I hadn't been to Liberty Park in a long time. It is really nice. I would recommend going to anyone who is reading this. The only down side was the bathrooms. Sadly, park bathrooms will never be truly clean. When it started to get dark, we all relocated to a nearby house. That is where I took this cute picture of John and Ryan. Ryan (on the right) is my best friend. I have known John for the couple of months and think he is awesome. I am Ryan's best "girl" friend and John is Ryan's best "guy" friend. I think that it's nice that we share. :)

By the way, I saw an excellent movie this past week. It is a Scottish movie called "Dear Frankie." It is about a boy, his mother, and their search for a father. There is no violence and only one part with a little language. It took me me a while to find it but I finally found it at the Hollywood Video in Layton. I would recommend it to everyone.

No comments: