Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The "Triumph of evil" quote

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke, (1729-1797)

I like this quote. Everytime I see a picture of a Nazi, I think of this quote. How many of Germany's non-military citizens just turned their backs on what was happening? I do not know why this just popped into my head. I guess it is because I have had a bad cold for the last two days. I have been stuck in bed for two days and am losing my mind. I am sick of looking at my room or a laptop screen. I have been trying to read but my brain will not focus. I hope this post makes sense. Right now I am reading "Flirting with Pride and Prejudice," which is a book of critical essays about Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Sadly, I am not understanding a lot of what I am reading. Maybe I will re-read it tomorrow.

No comments: