Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Sidney and Wyatt














My oldest brother has two children. His oldest is a daughter named Sidney. She is five and will turn six at the end of July. She is smaller than most kids her age but she is very smart and outgoing. Unfortunately, Sidney seems to have inherited a stubborn streak which I also have. This picture is of my brother and Sidney sledding this last winter. It took my brother and sister-in-law a while to have her. She was the first grandchild on both sides of the family. I was going through a hard time in my life when she was born. Spending time with her helped me through it. Her sweet innocence and happiness still amazes me. My mom babysits Sidney almost every Wednesday after she gets out of Kindergarten so I get to see her for a few hours every week. She considers me one of her best friends. I can't express how much I love her.
This last April her little brother was born. They are five years apart. Wyatt was born on April 1st of this year. Here is a picture of him sleeping my his Daddy's chest. At 2 and a half monthes, he smiles and has laughed on more than one occasion. He is so precious to our family.

1 comment:

J said...

It took us awhile to have her? I believe she spent the normal nine-or-so months in the womb, along with a fairly quick delivery. ;) Also, you should have told me you had a blog, I'll link to you on Johnsenclan.com