Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2007

Grrrr! Sunday can be hard.

On Sunday morning, I awoke to a slight chill in the air. After my morning ritual of face washing, I went downstairs to get the paper and eat breakfast. As I came down the stairs I noticed that the front door was open two feet. I thought that perhaps Camille had stepped out to retrieve the newspaper. I stuck my head out and called for her but she wasn't outside. I went upstairs to ask her why she left the door open and found her asleep. As near as we can tell, when Dave left he didn't close the door tightly enough. The deadbolt wasn't used so the door slowly opened. It was open for at least six hours. Luckily nothing was taken, and as far as we can tell, no one entered. The computer, tv, dvds, etc. had remained in their respective spots. I was unhappy about the situation, to say the least. I guess I should be happy that neither of us were molested in our beds or robbed in the wee hours of the morning. After getting over the shock of the open door, we both got ready for church.
I took all the my visual aides and quotes and mentally prepared myself to face a room of nice, but not well known people. Before Relief Society started, I approached one of the counselors in the RS presidency. She was confused when I said that I would be filling in for Sarah, especially since Sarah wasn't supposed to teach until next week. I was dismayed knowing that I had prepared a lesson that I would never teach. At first I was mad, but then I saw it as a growing experience. I learned a lot while I preparing the lesson. Elder Holland's talk is amazing. The idea that harsh words can cut as badly as a whip can be a startling revelation. Plus, I will always have Sarah double check the date of a lesson when she asks me to fill in for her.
It was so cold when Camille and I got home from church, I finally turned on the furnace. I went visiting teaching to see Cassie and then came home to make dinner. At 8:30 I went to ward prayer while Camille went over to Dave's house. Ward prayer was fun. Keri, Jake, and I spent over a half an hour talking about life and the possibility of people from the ward getting together for a trip to the Shakespearean Festival. By the end of Sunday, I was exhausted. I was in bed early to prepare for my early Monday shift at work. Because of new employee orientation, I went to work early to help my boss set up.
Thus ends this blog. I am exhausted after a long day of work, grocery shopping, going to the library, writing blog entries, and going to Family Home Evening. Goodnight dear readers.

No comments: