Search This Blog

Monday, April 02, 2007

Conference and Ice Cream

General Conference was this weekend.
(For any readers unfamiliar, this is when the leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints get together and give talks to the church as a whole on doctrine and other important things.) Saturday morning I watched the session with Camille and Sarah. I especially liked the talk by Elder Holland on speaking kind words to other people. After the morning session, we went to get some ice cream at Leatherby's, an ice cream parlour that I haven't been to in years. We were met by Aunt Diane, Amy, Heather, Taylor, and Easton. Most people had real food while I had fries and an amazing ice cream sundae with melted peanut butter and chocolate on top. For the afternoon session, I was driving up to my parent's house. President Hinckley dedicated the refurbished Tabernacle. I then watched and listened to the Sunday sessions up in Kaysville.
Other than Elder Hollands talk, two other talks have immediately struck me. They are Pres. Faust's talk on forgiveness which mentioned the Amish, and Pres. Hinckley's testimony. I enjoyed all the talks and look forward to reading all of them in the next issue of the Ensign.

2 comments:

Kim Kincaid said...

Hey Jess, Wasn't Conference wonderful? I think Pres. Holland's talk will be a classic. And yes, Pres. Faust's talk on forgiveness was probably my favorite on Sunday. Music was exceptional as well.
Any word from the library interviews?
Did Mike West email you? Take care.
Kim

Jennifer said...

John loves the peanut butter sundae too!